Thursday, May 4, 2023

JUNE 1, 2021: AND THE RAINS CAME DOWN AND IT DID RAIN!!

Hola everyone!!! It's Elder Richardson back at it again with another update on my life hehe. 

So... week 3 is in the booksπŸ“š, great week if I say so myself. πŸ‘
We taught Ryan finally on Tuesday and taught him the Plan of Salvation. He had some great questions and one of those were, are there demons in heaven,  which is a great question to ask, cause I don't want any demons chilling with me in heaven do you?? Anyways,  he was really involved throughout the lesson and he understands the Plan of Salvation now!
Now drum roll please...  πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯
Ryan is... GETTING BAPTIZED!! Yay!πŸŽ‰ We finally got to meet with Ryan and we were given te chance to invite him to be baptized and he said yes! We asked when we could baptize him and he's like leyes literally do it next week! Haha, great faith but... his mother said they need to fly their family in first so we are still working on a date.  Ryan's family is in the process of selling their house and moving down to Florida by the end of the summer so we are trying to work with their schedule and get Ryan baptized soon! Also, quick thing, Ryan's family is from.. Arkansas!! He has family living in El Dorado Arkansas or something like that so that was so cool to relate!!
Anyways, after that AWESOME lesson,  we were able to teach a bunch of people this week, get 2 people to church. We were going to have 6 people come to church this week!! But.. the rain came down and it rained on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday! So yeah, our church parking lot was like half flooded yikes!!
Anyways, this has been a hard working week but also.. so many great experiences and I am so grateful to be out here at this time!
I would like to conclude this week by sharing a personal miracle/experience that I had this week happen. On Saturday night, 6pm to 9pm is prime time when we are really working to find people to teach right, so Elder Fischbeck and I are in the church, the clerk office, right? We're working really hard, calling people, my Spanish is actually working, people are calling us, and THEN..!! I got a prompting to stopπŸ›‘, and get up, grab a B.O.M. and head outside and just start walking.  
And so we did! We started walking and Elder Fischbeck said.. where to? I said hey it's not me who's guiding it's the spirit! So anyways, we keep walking along and thinking something big or miraculous will happen and literally.. nothing happened. 
We walked for maybe 30 minutes and got no referrals. No one stopped to say hi and we just began to be a little tired in our legs and headed back for the church. When we got back to the church building we started to call people again  and that's when I got a prompting that said: "Hey Daniel my grandson, good job! I'm proud!" My grandfather, Jay Richardson had been with me and I felt him guide me as we were walking. Yeah maybe we weren't successful in finding anyone to teach but I felt my grandfather with me and it was a very special experience that I will remember forever! I love and miss my grandfather!!
That's it for this week! I hope you all have a great week and I challenge you all to find ONE new person to talk to!! You don't have to try to baptize them haha or anything like that, just start a conversation with someone! Tell me how it goes!
Adios until next week! πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
Elder Richardson 
PicturesπŸ–Ό:
These pictures of me are at the coast line in New Island. It was so windy and cold so keep that in mind when you see my attempt to smile. 😁
The picture of Christ was drawn with expo markers! I drew this picture and it reminded me who really is in charge so I hope you like it!
District council is every Tuesday and this was a picture of our district with our APs. The one at the very end of the sisters reminds me of my sister, Rachel and it made me smile!πŸ˜πŸ‘
That picture of me was in front of an antique outhouse from 1860!! It was so hot that day!!☀️

I hope you enjoy these pictures! The weather was not nice to us when we took these!







No comments:

Post a Comment