Thursday, May 4, 2023

MAY 17, 2021: THIS IS A GREAT WORK!!

WEEK #7: #1 IN FIELD

Buenos días everyone!! 🙂🙃😊😂

It's Elder Richardson coming in hot with his first email from Patchogue, New Island, NYC! 
I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT! Haha but in all seriousness I wish I came out here sooner this has been SUCH a crazy and awesome week for me!! First week in and I KNOW I don't want to be anywhere else than right where I am!!
Alright where to begin, right?? Well so my companion is Elder Fischbeck, he is awesome! He's been out 6 months and his Spanish is muy bueno! So ye, my companion has really helped me get a sense of what I am actually doing and this language is that hard but I enjoy learning something new every day! On Monday, I arrived, had NYC pizza🍕 at a chapel and had testimony meeting with our mission President, President Teuscher. I stayed in a hotel that night and then the next morning I met Elder Fischbeck. We literally jumped straight in to the work, no joke, and I taught 4 people that night! 
Haha yee.. it's been literally soooo spiritual in our lessons and I can see the light of christ in the people we teach.  Ok.. I'm literally so excited to introduce y'all to Hermana Chavez!!! She is like my second mother away from home lol. She is so nice to the missionaries in our ward which are Elder Fischbeck and I lol. Anyways she feeds us twice a week and it's like chicken and rice which is muy bueno by the way. I can't speak Spanish well yet but I can see the love and light of christ she has and everyone in my ward for this great work! 
I was in charge of the music yesterday in church and that was fun! We had a speaker we played the music from. I was welcomed by everyone in the ward and I feel VERY welcomed and loved by the people of Patchogue. Everyone was coming up to us and asking if we had enough food and then a sister insisted we come to her house like around 6 and we did and she gave his no joke, 4 bags of canned food, AND dinner, wow! 
She's awesome but somehow I can't remember her name!! OOF. Lol.
Anyways, this was such a good first week for me, I know that the Lord reassigned me to the right place and I am thankful to be able to serve at this time. Yesterday, a sister said to me that these next 2 years will go by fast and I know that's true so I will make the most of every day, as every day is God's day! 
Love you all and miss everyone! We have 2 people on baptism date for the month of June and a 11 year old kid who we are inviting to get baptized too, so please pray for them, their names are Tatty, Ryan, and Mildred. By the way, I gave my first baptism invitation in a lesson with Mildred and she accepted! So that was awesome and I was so excited for her to make the best choice in her life and come closer to Christ through baptism! Can't wait for her baptism! 
Have a great week everyone!! Miss you all and if you need any prayers for you or your family, just email me and my district and I will pray for you!!🙏😇
Hasta luego until next Monday!!
Adioooos!!!👋
- Elder Richardson.🗽

No comments:

Post a Comment