Thursday, May 4, 2023

MAY 5, 2021: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN... OR WEEK OF HOME MTC!!

 WEEK #6: MTC

Buenos Dias everyone!

Week 1,2,3,4,5, and halfway through this last week are HECHO(DONE)!! This has been an awesome 6 weeks of home MTC and I am looking forward to getting to New York! My plane leaves on Monday morning and I fly from Arkansas to Georgia and then Georgia to NYC!
I have been reflecting a lot on my last few days at home and realizing that we all get caught up in the little details in life and usually will miss out on the most important/rewarding moments. For me, those would be with my family, I will miss them ALOT! However, a missionary is someone who leaves their family for just a while so that other families can be together forever!! I love this quote and one that I truly know to be true!
I was on a video chat with my mission president last night and he informed me I will be speaking... drum roll.... SPANISH!!!! I am so excited, he said that in NYC, they are low on Spanish-speaking missionaries and said I will be assigned to 2 Spanish wards!
My purpose as a misionero is to invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo. Or in English, invite others unto Christ. I am looking forward to doing so! These next two years will be challenging and I knew that the moment I started the paperwork for my mission call but nothing in life comes for free! Life comes with challenges and we just have to roll with the punches as Mr. Incredible would say!
These next two years will be the best two years of my life and I will grow and be closer to God than I have or ever will be! So.. adios mis amigos and until next week.. God be with you until we meet again or until next week's email which will be from NYC!!!
Signing out for now!
I'll be knocking out my best two years!
- Elder Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment