Thursday, May 4, 2023

NOVEMBER 21, 2022:

Hola a todos!!👋🏽 It's Élder Richardson... back at again this beautiful pday morning with YET ANOTHER 🔥 email!! Enjoy!!

U P D A T E S:
This was a good week. Bye. Nah just playing... 
- we found 7 new people this week! 
- we brought 4 to church with us yesterday! Our branch had the children's program yesterday! It was lit!! I was cracking up because there were kids giving their talks and while this is happening another kid in the back was yelling at his mom and throwing a tantrum lol #spiritisstillfelt
- Our friends, Carolina and Cristian are new people we found this week from our are book. We'll, we found Carolina, she was a Grey dot. One day we set a lesson up with her, brought in some members, and had a hype restoration lesson on WhatsApp! We then set up a return appointment with her. And it was for Saturday at the church because the other elders in our branch, there are 6 missionaries, but the other elders had a baptism! We brought Carolina and she pulled up with her husband, Cristian and their daughter, Patricia (age 5). Anyways, they loved the baptism, and we then taught them with a member right after the baptism in the church and short story... they both are getting baptized on December 10th!!🥳🥳 
#thatwasthebestlessonofmymission
It is still hot here. But I'm getting used to it.. a lil. 
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! Send pics of the holiday festivities and what are YOU grateful for??👀 
Email me... you should... do... it...
🚨Really quick!🚨 
One day I received a message that stated: "why are you out there? Why are you serving a two year, VOLUNTARY mission? You don't need to... so why.. why are you giving up two years of your life? I am almost done with college, I have a really high paying job, and I am close to God. With all of this that I have... what are you gaining out there in Chile?"
This was not a easy text to read nor respond to. I will keep out the name for respect but I had been thinking alot on that question... 3 little letters that become... WHY? I will admit it is a great question and this person makes great points all around but... here is why I serve. As much as I love my family.. my friends.. cousins.. uncles... newlyborn nieces and nephews... I am out on my two year mission for God and Jesus Christ. When I get home from this experience... it will not mean I am done! The only difference will be this: I was once a full time representating disciple of Jesus Christ to a full LIFE TIME disciple of Jesus Christ. I am out here to change and hopefully change the lives of a few people too. 
The fact of the matter is yes.. I do need to serve a full time mission. It is what I was sent to earth to do. That and become a father, a brother, a son, a missionary, and most importantly.. I know I am a son of God. 
Now, the response and the further conversation that I had with this person was not easy. But... I do not want to entirely focus on this as my weekly email but I felt strongly to share this important lesson that I learned which was: I can't believe the price Jesus Christ, a perfect son paid just so that he could feel my pain, my feelings, my life. So... if Jesus knew that he couldn't go back, when he knew what laid in front of him after he came out of the garden, when he was denied and spit upon, when he died on the cross for you and for me... I think then with this in mind, our perspective changes... we not only should but it is our personal conviction to serve a mission or to serve in general. His suffering, his pain, his atonement should not only change your life but then change you so much that you wake up with the desire that others want to change because of the knowledge of their Savior, our Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for them. A two year mission/18 month mission instead of a 2 year/18 months full paying job??? A two year mission/18 month mission instead of a two year/18 months academic or athletic scholarship?? A two year mission/18 month mission instead of two years/18 months with your own family?? We may be reminded this: "Children!! Did not my life any my love have more meaning and significance than this." 
We all have a role to play. And we all need to complete it. This is a good friend of mine. And I love this person but... the fact of the matter is, nothing will ever be the same when you respond to a call to serve!! It is never the same!! You have chosen to wall somewhere close to where our Savior himself walked... and let me tell you... it is glorious! 
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
I hope everyone has truly a grateful and relaxed week if needed!! Stay safe and God bless all!!
Élder Richardson✌🏽






No comments:

Post a Comment